This webinar will explore the legislative and regulatory levers that states have at their disposal to ensure hospitals invest in their communities to improve population health through effective and accountable community benefit investments.
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted state budgets and illuminated racial and ethnic health disparities that existing health improvement efforts have not adequately addressed. As a result, it is more important than ever that nonprofit hospitals provide meaningful community benefit investments in exchange for the large tax exemptions they receive. State leaders are using policy levers that go beyond the federal community benefit requirements to hold hospitals accountable for their commitment to improved community health.
Webinar participants include:
- Moderator Trish Riley, NASHP Executive Director
- Sandra Wolitzky, Assistant Attorney General, Office of Attorney General Maura Healey
- Noam Yossefy, Health Care Analyst, Office of Attorney General Maura Healey
- Steven Ranzoni, Hospital Policy Advisor, Office of Health Analytics, Oregon Health Authority
- Amy Clary, Research and Data Manager, Office of Health Analytics, Oregon Health Authority
Click here to register for the webinar.