As health care costs rise, state revenues decline, and individuals and families face increasing economic uncertainty, state leaders are interested in developing cost-growth benchmarks to cap how quickly total health care expenditures can rise to better align health costs with the state’s overall economic growth.
Speakers will include national experts who have analyzed states’ growth caps, as well as state officials implementing the strategy.
- Trish Riley, Executive Director, National Academy for State Health Policy
- Michael Bailit, MBA, President, Bailit Health
- Victoria Veltri, JD, LLM, Executive Director, State of Connecticut Office of Health Strategy
- Jeremy Vandehey, JD, Director of the Health Policy and Analytics Division, Oregon Health Authority
- David Seltz, Executive Director, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
- Marie Ganim, PhD, Health Insurance Commissioner, State of Rhode Island
- Steven Costantino, MS, Director of Health Care Reform and Financing, Delaware Department of Health and Social Services