Monday, October 23rd
Register for a half day, state-only summit of state leaders from legislative and executive branches to talk about managing prescription drug costs. Hear from state leaders to learn about what states can and are doing to build support for change and to manage the lobbying and legal counter-efforts of the pharmaceutical industry.
At this session you will:
- Interact with other state leaders from state legislatures, Medicaid, attorney generals, health departments, governors’ staff, and others to learn about the range of state efforts to reduce prescription drug costs.
- Gain access to technical assistance from NASHP’s Center for State Rx Drug Pricing.
- Discuss and learn how to avoid the legal hurdles of crafting prescription drug policy.
- Gain insight into how to build a coalition within your state in order to pass prescription drug cost legislation
- Dr. Norman Thurston, Representative, Utah State Legislature
Director, Office of Health Care Statistics, Utah Department of Health
- Representative Rob Nosse, Oregon House of Representatives
- Gregory Allen, Director, Division of Program Development & Management, Office of Health Insurance Programs, New York State Department of Health
- Assembly Member Richard Gottfried, New York State Assembly
- Senator Jeff Steinborn, New Mexico State Senate
- Melanie Moreno, Staff Director, California State Senate Committee on Health
- Joshua Auerbach, Assistant Attorney General, Office of the Attorney General of Maryland
- Cynthia Denemark, Pharmacy Administrator/Partnership Coordinator, Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance, Delaware Health Care Commission, Department of Health and Social Services
- Tom Leahey, Pharmacy Manager, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Richard Whitley, Director, Nevada Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Contact Corinne Alberts with questions or to learn more about the Center for State Rx Drug Policy.
This work is supported by The Laura and John Arnold Foundation.
NASHP Related Resources:
This preconference is limited to elected state leaders, their staff and state agency staff. State officials interested in attending this preconference only, may be eligible for a partial scholarship toward the registration fee. Please contact Ali Sullivan (email@example.com) for more information.