Please join the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) and the National Institute for Children’s Health Quality (NICHQ) for the webinar, “Exploring State Medicaid Performance Measures, Improvement Projects, and Incentives to Promote Improvement in Women’s Health Services and Perinatal Outcomes.” NASHP will provide a brief overview of state Medicaid quality measures and related strategies for women’s health services that support improved birth outcomes. Two state Medicaid officials will discuss innovative initiatives in their states that promote improved perinatal outcomes: Wisconsin’s Obstetric Medical Home Initiative and Oklahoma’s Cesarean Section Quality Initiative.
This webinar is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and provides support for the Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (CoIIN) to reduce infant mortality.
Webinar Date: September 18, 2017 4:00-5:00 p.m. (EST)
- Makalah Wagner, MSW, Managed Care Section Chief, Bureau of Benefits Management, Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Mike Herndon, DO, Chief Medical Officer, Oklahoma Health Care Authority
- Describe innovative Medicaid strategies to improve perinatal outcomes
- Explain how to use state Medicaid quality measures for women’s health services to improve perinatal outcomes
- Identify how a Medicaid agency can implement quality improvement strategies to promote high quality, cost-effective, perinatal care to improve birth outcomes
You can register for the webinar by clicking here.