The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) and Community Benefit Insight are hosting a TwitterChat at 3 p.m. (ET) Wednesday, April 7, 2021, as a part of National Public Health Week. It will discuss community engagement, how hospital community benefit improvement activities can address health disparities, and how this has changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Make sure to follow @NASHPhealth on Twitter and use #CommunityBenefitChat.
How to participate:
- Follow @NASHPhealth on Twitter.
- Join us at 3 p.m. (ET) Wednesday, April 7, 2021, and follow the conversation using #CommunityBenefitChat
- Share your thoughts and ideas on policies and support resources.
- Use links to your website, programs, initiatives, and partners in your tweets to promote the good work you, your organization, and/or state are doing!
- Include #CommunityBenefitChat in all of your tweets so chat participants can easily follow you and others during this event.
How it works:
- Each question will be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.
- Start your responses with A1, A2, A3 etc. to correspond with the question.
- You only have 280 characters per tweet but you’re not limited to only one tweet per question. Use A1a, A1b, A1c, etc. to indicate either a multi-part answer or multiple responses to a given question.
Q1: How can nonprofit hospitals help address community needs during the COVID-19 pandemic and recovery?
Q2. How can community benefit programs address social determinants of health and reduce health disparities worsened by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Q3. How can community benefit programs make public health services more accessible to vulnerable populations?
Q4. What steps can non-profit hospitals take to effectively engage community members in their community health needs assessments?
Q5. How is your state or community working to ensure meaningful community benefit spending?
Q6. What steps can states take to ensure community benefit spending meets identified community needs?
This chat is an excellent opportunity to highlight some of your exciting initiatives, innovations, and resources!