States Prepare for the Newly Insured: A Conversation about Mental Health and Substance Abuse Needs
Of the 22 million uninsured expected to gain coverage under the Affordable Care Act in 2014, more than 4 million projected to take-up coverage will have mental health or substance use disorders. On this webinar, after a brief overview of new data made available by SAMHSA, state and local officials and other experts will talk about how states are preparing to ensure service access for these individuals newly covered through Medicaid and Health Insurance Exchanges. The panelists will answer questions about how this data will help to inform state decisions on issues like:
- The mix of benefits and services that enrollees may need;
- Ensuring workforce and provider capacity;
- Readying managed care plans in Medicaid and/or the qualified health plans on the exchange for the service needs of enrollees;
- Supporting eligibility and enrollment s for populations that may be hard to reach;
- The financial impact on state and local programs.