Oct. 17 Events
- Preconference: Anatomy of a Crisis: Lessons from the Opioid Epidemic Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Preconference: Care Over Cure: State Policy Supporting Palliative and End of Life Care Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Preconference: Open Wide: State Innovations in Oral Health Policy Time: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Opening Plenary Time: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
- Opening Reception (On-Site) Time: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Oct. 18 Events
- Morning Plenary Time: 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
- Where's the Puck: A Discussion on Medicaid Expansion Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- A-Zika: Are you Prepared for this Disease…and the Next One? Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Three Streams: Approaches to Behavioral Health Integration Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Ketching Up on APCDs in a Post Gobeille World Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Labor of Love: Successful State Policies to Lower Infant Mortality Time: 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Lunch Plenary Time: 11:45 AM - 1:20 PM
- Pages from a New Playbook: Tackling Costs in State Health Programs Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Bridging the Gap Between Healthcare and Health Equity Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- LTSS In the Balance: Where do we go from Here Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Cross-Agency Collaboration: Integrating Pediatric Mental and Physical Health Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Next Generation LTSS: Leveraging Technology Innovation to Improve Outcomes and Drive Value Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM
- Breaking Through the Steel Curtain of Drug Pricing Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Managing Expectations Capitating Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Building Bridges and Forging Ahead: State Innovations to Improve Access Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- What’s in the Water: Lessons Learned from Flint and Other Environmental Threats Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- A Bridge from Volume to Value: Strategies for Including Safety Net Providers in Medicaid Payment Reforms Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Evening Reception (Off-site) Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Oct. 19 Events
- Breakfast Plenary Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Building Bridges and Forging Ahead: State Innovations for Financing Healthcare Global Budgets Time: 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
- Bring Them Home: Care Transitions in the New Millennium Time: 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
- Instituting Change-Rethinking the Place of IMDs in the Medicaid Continuum of Care Time: 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
- Getting Consumers in the Healthcare Game Time: 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
- The Tallest Bridge: Medicaid Managed Care Regulations Time: 9:15 AM - 10:45 AM
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: Successes in Serving Individuals with Behavioral Health Issues Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Incentivizing Healthy Behaviors and Personal Responsibility: What Have We Learned? Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Mining Comparative Effectiveness Research to Drive State Health Policy Making Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Un-Dual-ly Difficult: Integrating Medicare and Medicaid Time: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Lunch Roundtables Time: 12:45 PM - 2:15 PM
The 2016 Annual State Health Policy Conference saw more than 700 health policy leaders from all 50 states and the District of Columbia convene in Pittsburgh.
The conference highlighted many of the most pressing health policy issues facing states today. From the opioid crisis and children’s health, to Medicaid expansion and coverage for justice-involved populations there was something for everyone. The conference also feature a slate of top-notch speakers including Governor Pete Shumlin of Vermont, Governor Tom Wolf of Pennsylvania, Drew Altman of the Kaiser Family Foundation, and Marilyn Tavenner of America’s Health Insurance Plans to name a few.
Take a look at our speakers presentations.
A special thank you to our 2016 sponsors and exhibitors, and all who attended.
Save the Date for the 30th Annual State Health Policy Conference, October 23rd-25th, 2017, in Portland, OR.
Check back often as additional information will be continually posted. Also sign-up for NASHP News for weekly updates delivered right to your inbox!