National Experts from Health Policy, Practice, and Research, Elected to CHPD Board of Directors
Washington, DC (December 10, 2013) – Six experts from health care policy, practice and research were recently elected to the Center for Health Policy Development (CHPD) Board. Incorporated in 1987, the CHPD Board is responsible for the legal and fiduciary oversight of the National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP).
We are privileged to have such an exceptional group of experts join our Board, people who are passionate about improving health policy, practice and research but with grounding in states’ day-to-day policy problems,” said CHPD Board Chair Margarita Alegría. Alegría is Director of the Center for Multicultural Mental Health Research at Cambridge Health Alliance.
The new CHPD board members are:
- Janette Burke, CPA, Audit Partner at McGladrey, LLP
- José J. Escarce, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and Senior Natural Scientist at RAND
- Darrell J. Gaskin, PhD, Associate Professor, Deputy Director, Center for Health Disparities Solutions, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Sherry A. Glied, PhD, Dean, New York University, Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
- Nikki Highsmith Vernick, MPA, President & Chief Executive Officer of the Horizon Foundation.
- Carolyn Magill Hanson, MBA, Senior Vice President of Payer Strategy and Operations at Evolent Health
# # #
The Center for Health Policy Development (CHPD) Board is responsible for the legal and fiduciary oversight of the organization, which includes the non-profit National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP). NASHP is an independent academy of state health policymakers working together to identify emerging issues, develop policy solutions, and improve state health policy and practice. NASHP is led by and for state health policy officials including leaders from both the Executive and Legislative branches of state government.